Senin, 02 Juli 2018

Sponsored Links

Tablet computer - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Video Wikipedia talk:Adopt-a-user/Archive 6



Proyek gagal

Not long ago, the backlog of ten is quite high. Now, there is a backlog 45 that is on the rise. Just a few months ago, I cleared the backlog (I believe) 20-30, and it's been steadily increasing since then. There are some things that are clear. One, our users are declining, either reaching the limits of adoption and closing away or simply withdrawing from the program. Secondly, we do not get many new users to keep up. A quick glance at the list of adopters (last 50 edits) shows some users deleting themselves, some "closing" again, and I'm sure only two add up. However, this alone does not significantly affect the program. A bigger problem may be the lack of self-declared self-adopters who do not actually do anything. In some individual backlog-relief efforts, I have left messages asking users active, "open to adoption" to help. Most of them, if not all are not there at all to help. If you will not help those in need of adoption, remove yourself from the list. The obvious problem is the explosion in which users request adoption. It is common for new users to place templates on their talk page, never to return.

It's only my $ 0.02. Regards, - ???? a? 'A A§? ÃÆ'¸ÃÆ'¸? o Champagne? o 4:43 pm o 05:43, 8 November 2010 (UTC)

I quite agree with all of the above completely. I have another problem: How long should inactive 'adoptme be given to return? For example, does an adoption user offer someone with three edits and one month of inactivity? Swarm X 09:06, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
Maybe, because they might not edit because nobody has adopted it? I will say now that we have reduced the backlog, we should be able to respond to adoption in a few days, especially asking them to also look for their own. After we asked that, we had to see them send some messages to find their own adopters. That's the only sure way to find out if they're active and interested. Of course, we can also offer to adopt them, but the adopted ones really need to participate actively as well. Netalarm talk 09 : 11, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, that might not be a problem with the logging backlog. A question, though: where did they get this "Adoption Information" template? I assume it's your job, but I do not understand from where they get the template from. Swarm X 09:55, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
Also, up to 10 out of 45! This is great! Now we can focus on bigger issues with the project. Swarm X 10:08, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
The adoption information template is at the bottom of the user list, which is the only way to access the current easy query system. This is an adoption will be forced to ask the adopters first before asking the adopters to find them (meet me in the middle of the road). One category is also reduced from 807 to about 50 = P. Several categories are left to be cleared, because these categories should reflect the current state of the project, not history and the like. Netalarm talk 22: 54, 12 November 2010 (UTC)
Incredible. Swarm X 23:31, November 14, 2010 (UTC)

Clogged category

Standard adoption status

Users adopt categories

Category: Wikipedians adopted in Adopt-a-user show that 1182 users have been adopted and actively involved in the adoption process. That is not a problem, as many couples seem to be inactive. I think we should clean up the categories in the same way as we do in other categories so we can get a more accurate picture of the status of the couple and how the program runs. One problem, there is no easy way to determine which pair to delete, we have to check one by one. Netalarm talk 21 : 06, December 5, 2010 (UTC)

Yes, I'm sure many of those adopted are not active. It will be boring, but I am all for starting the practice through categories alphabetically. We have to have it so someone will be really responsible for the parts, like 'A-Al', and others 'Am-B' etc. That way, no one will review that part of the category that someone else has already done. I've just reviewed some of the first in the category (symbols, 0-9) and six out of eight are off! Swarm X 03:36, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
I think bot will solve this problem by giving us a list of active users, is not it? Netalarm talk 03 : 52, December 8, 2010 (UTC)

Bot to track progress and pair

Bot updates

I went Giftpflanze asked the German wikipedia how he did with this bot, and he has not made any progress (although he still wants to do it, he can not give the timescale) [1]. Do we want to make new requests or sit patiently? Worm TT Ã, Ã, Â · (talk) 14:25, 10 June 2011 (UTC)

Okay... I've made some progress now. I can compile something useful in one day (but now I'm going to the Wikipedia meeting). A new bot request means crashing my work (if you find it working). And finally, I prefer to be called he , thx. - Giftpflanze 15:14, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
My apology! I am stereotyping coders as men, how very rude I am. (At my workplace, the comparison between men and women is 12: 1, so that's my excuse and I'll keep it up.) I have corrected my comment above, and will sit still. Enjoy your Wikipedia meetings. Worm TT Ã, Ã, Â · (talk) 15:53, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you! After some further delays (categories and templates are really messy) to get started, I created a table from Category: Wikipedians that are adopted in Adopt-a-user here: User: GiftBot/Adopt-a-user. - Giftpflanze 19:11, June 12, 2011 (UTC)

Maps Wikipedia talk:Adopt-a-user/Archive 6



How do I get started?

Hi, I've been active on WikiPedia for a few months now, and I'm also active in the Account Creation Interface. I want to know how I can help. My main contribution is copyediting (over 100,000 words as part of GoCE backtrack elimination drive), general improvements to articles, and vandalism returns. I know most of the WikiPedia policies (I read some of them before I started editing). I have reviews and rollback rights on WikiPedia, so I can accept new editor changes for articles undergoing pending change protection. How can I join/help? Reaper Eternal (talk) 17:12, 2 December 2010 (UTC)

Hi! To get started, you should add yourself to the list of adopters and look in the user area for information on what to do. Basically, you will mentoring new users and teaching them the ropes of editing and interaction with other users. Currently there are 8 users who want to be adopted, so you can visit their user talk page and offer to adopt them. This list is available here. If you have any questions about the program or need help, feel free to send me a message or post here. Thank you! Netalarm talk 05 : 57, December 3, 2010 (UTC)

BlackBerry Limited - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Study Guide Wiki/project

Hello all!

I want to let you know about a study that we will start next month. Because I'm sure many of you are aware we've been dropping in new editors over the last few years.

As a community, we have many ideas but we are hindered by many choices and less data.

We want to do some research over the next few months (with some resources from the Wikimedia Foundation) to help strategize for developing new users, to get data on how our new users find their first experience, and then, on Wikipedia and of course to help share experience from experienced users who are here to find out what works, what does not and what resources they need to make their work easier.

The plan now is to have multiple user groups, 1 newly-joined group (control) and several other groups with guides that actively reach out and try to help them edit and join communities. I hope you can help us when we're ready to start study next month and help new users once we get started! You can find more information and register on the project page and if you can think of anyone who might be interested, please PLEASE STOP them in this way or let me know so I can contact them personally!

The project page was just created and I started out tonight outreach a bit, posted on several pages now and then covered more over the next few days for both projects and individuals I know are interested in helping users out. I am very interested in hearing thoughts or suggestions! In many ways, this is some kind of Adopt-a-user bulk type idea for a very new user. Jalexander - WMF 05:36, February 3, 2011 (UTC)

see here the strategic proposal made by Users: Asinthior. ~~ EBE123 ~~ talk Contribs 19:24, 30 May 2011 (UTC)

The Decline of Wikipedia - MIT Technology Review
src: cdn.technologyreview.com


DarkfireII2 (Speak) 22:29, 4 February 2011 (UTC)

--DarkfireII2 (talk) 22:29, 4 February 2011 (UTC) someone adopted me

Ace of Spades HQ
src: ace.mu.nu


Auto and Proposals

Sorry for spam but there are proposals about strategies to be done about adoption (link here). Also, there's a bit of a witch for that I'm describing. Adoption can help. (link here) ~~ EBE123 Contribs 19:11, May 30, 2011 (UTC)

Internet radio - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Most of those listed for adoption have been offered adoption

The BIG issue here is when I clicked on a list of users looking for adoption, most of them already (on their Talk page) have been offered adoption or adopted! The list of potential recipients is filled with falsehood, and need serious cleaning as soon as possible so that backlogs are reduced back to reality and users can really find the people adopted who really need it. --NickDupree (talk) 03:45, June 2, 2011 (UTC)

I have deleted a list of unedited people in more than 2 months (with notes), anyone currently adopted and a blocked user. We dropped from 49 to 18. If people are only active with one offer, I've let them in. Worm TT Ã, Ã, Â · (talk) 09:40, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
Wow, thanks! Your work clearing the list is a valuable step forward for the project . Very impressive, you have my gratitude, sir. NickDupree (talk) 17:14, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
Glad I can help Worm TT Ã, Ã, Â · (talk) 18:31, 2 June 2011 (UTC)

Don't Talk To Me Or My Son Ever Again | Know Your Meme
src: i0.kym-cdn.com


Can I adopt?

I was blocked more than a month ago, but my edits have changed drastically ever since. The questionable edit clearly has no characters. Blocking blocking is here. Ryan Vesey (talk) 22:32, June 18, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Ryan. If you feel that you are an experienced user who can help new users, you can adopt. Adopt-a-user is not a highly regulated process. However, I would not recommend it for you, as part of the unblocked discussion suggests that you find a mentor, which implies to me that you may not be ready enough to be an adopter yet. Maybe if you spend a few more months editing wikipedia, you will be able to gain sufficient experience and can put out-of-character outcomes behind you. By the way if you need a mentor, give me a shout - we can do an adoption course as part of it;) Worm > TT Ã, Ã, Â · (talk) 10:13, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
I have a really great mentor at James BWatson but I certainly would not mind the others. Thanks, I'm asking for adoption on your conversation page; although not in a formal style. Ryan Vesey (talk) 21:28, June 20, 2011 (UTC)

Internet radio - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Uslox Adoptee helps!

I recently joined the Adopt-a-user program and looked at the list of Adoptees candidates. I have a very successful experience. This is how my adoption user page looks when I am asked to adopt him. From the page it is clear we share some interests and that has proven to be a common ground for successful adopter-adoption relationships. One thing that is also valuable is he has a table that lists his interests, it is not filled correctly, so I went looking to find the original template here, but he seems to have found it somewhere else? I will ask him, but it is also helpful and should be requested from all those adopted in my opinion. The fact that he has done these things on the user page shows a certain level of commitment and interest. I'm glad Wikipedia has this program, it has been a very positive experience for me and I think it should be broader advertised across Wikipedia, if it is not possible to fix it first if it can (re: problem mentioned above). --TimL (talk) 15:29, 2 August 2011 (UTC)

My Two Cents Archives - Page 6 of 21 - Unconventional Wisdom
src: www.uwj.com.au


School adoption?

I am currently running an adoption school for some users at a time, where I provide lessons and tests, to help make it easier for people to the basics of encylopedia. User: Ctjf83 saw it and asked if there was a reason not here. Well, I thought I would ask for some thoughts, should I list it as a resource? thoughts on how to fix it? It's pinched from User: Hersfold, and seems to have moderate success rates right now... Worm TT Ã, Ã, Â · (talk) 12:24, May 16, 2011 (UTC)

Soppurt I agree Ethanate1 20:45, 6 August 2011 (UTC) - Leave an unsigned comment added by TheBestGuyHi (talk o contribs)

Internet of things - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


delete inactive users

When is a user deemed inactive and deleted? I think a month is enough time to show that a Wikipedian is not that interested in editing Wikipedia. Maybe we can have bot delete template after one month off? If a user is really interested, they can always add the template back. This may sound a bit aggressive, but from what I see so far will be a big step in the right direction. --TimL (talk) 16:32, 2 August 2011 (UTC)

I totally agree. Swarm u | t 20:58, 8 September 2011 (UTC)

A security update for Raspbian PIXEL - Raspberry Pi
src: www.raspberrypi.org


New ad

Hello...? Anyone around here? Uh, by the way, just thought I'd note here that there's a new Wikipedia advertisement for this project. It's clear that we're a bit short of ATM users, so I invite anyone to advertise this project by placing {{wikipedia ads | ad = 232}} on their user page. Hello, Swarm u | t 21:06, September 12, 2011 (UTC)

Eh up Swarm. You can not escape from me;) Ads are a great idea - this project needs a good bit of a start. Worm TT Ã, Ã, Â · (talk) 10:30, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
Heh, you will be the other person watching this page.: Yes, it definitely needs a good start. Advertising is the best short-term idea I can think of. Every once in a while a user will come and push the project forward a bit, but among those rare occasions, it seems it's just languishing, wallowing in its own conceded. It may take some leadership, or coordination, or some concrete plan to get it on track. Or something. I really do not know: Swarm soup> 12:21, September 14, 2011 (UTC)
Indeed. I'm not sure how much time I can devote to pushing it forward because I've tried to push two projects and mentees and other bits and bobs. It really needs someone to take control. Worm TT Ã, Ã, Â · (talk) 12:56, 14 September 2011 (UTC)

Rihanna - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Userbox

{{adopts}}



I have created the userbox above for editors who want to show that they are adopting without having to put all of their adoption on their user pages. I want to add it to userbox in the Adopter area. To use this userbox, place the text

 {{Template: Adoption}}  

I will put userbox on the page itself, but I think it requires consensus. Happy editing! pluma ÃÆ'ËÅ" 16:58, October 9, 2011 (UTC).

Well, things like that do not need to be discussed. Just go ahead and add. :) Swarm 21:49, October 9, 2011 (UTC)
I do not think it will need a discussion, but you never know what people do not like, especially with userbox. pluma ÃÆ'ËÅ" 23:10, October 9, 2011 (UTC)
I have to point out that {{adopting}} allows parameters passed to change the text, as on my page, so it's not really necessary but I have no problems with the added templates. Worm TT Ã, Ã, Â · (talk) 11:58, October 10, 2011 (UTC)
I feel that {{adopting}} implies that users are looking for users to adopt, but currently have no adoption. I created {{Adopts}} for users who are adopting now. pluma ÃÆ'ËÅ" 4:05, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
What Worm means is that separate userbox is not needed. You just type, {{adoptting | This user occasionally adopts newcomers in adop-a-user!}} and you will get:

{{adoptting | These users sometimes adopt newcomers to [[WP: AAU | adopt-a-user]]!}}

So that's not necessary - but then why? Not that it can not be used. :) It depends on you. Swarm 04:19, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
I agree. It's always nice to have an alternative. Additionally {{adopts}} is much easier to use. pluma ÃÆ'ËÅ" 4:36, October 11, 2011 (UTC)

Sen's Fortress | Dark Souls Wiki
src: darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com


Question

How do I "graduate" from an adoption program? Baseball Watcher 00:57, 15 October 2011 (UTC)

There are no set guidelines, but usually, when your users feel that you are at a point where you no longer need them, they can assume you "graduated." If you feel you no longer need an adopter, let them know and they will do the same. Based on how things have been done in the past, if your adopter is not active, other adopters may consider you pass as well. Swarm 02:45, October 15, 2011 (UTC)
Will you "pass" because Addihockey10 I am a wikibreak. Baseball Watcher 22:55, October 19 2011 (UTC)
Apologies for the terrible delay in achieving this. I'll be happy, if it still needs to be taken care of. Swarm X 18:14, November 22, 2011 (UTC)
Of course I would be more than happy. Baseball Watcher

Nomophobia - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Reboot

Well, it looks like this project needs a reboot, especially with the number of editors being reduced. I am willing to do a little encouragement here - at least bring it to a state where it is applicable. I have some plans to work on and I appreciate every thought.

  1. Archive old information that is no longer relevant Ã, Done
  2. Remove the backlog of users waiting for adoption. Done
  3. Remove the list of editors who say they're willing to adopt
  4. Review the project page, make sure everything is up-to-date
  5. Write a set of "quick guides" for new users. (It's tempting to do this for a while, but need to think seriously before trying)
  6. Probably part of the signpost to make people interested again.

Hello, all,

After discussion of the village pump proposal, I implemented a new user-followed tool that lets you see recent edits by a list of selected users you follow. One important application of this is to allow users to follow their adoption and review their work on time. I would like to invite more people to try it out and let me know on my conversation page if you find it useful or have any suggestions/problems. Thank you! Dcoetzee 02:58, February 27, 2012 (UTC)

Sen's Fortress | Dark Souls Wiki
src: darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com


Criteria for adopted users

Hallo, Inexperienced users have recently caused a lot of discussion on their users' talk pages by offering to adopt other users. He meets the criteria shown on Wikipedia: Adopt-a-user/Adopter's_Area, but:

  • Over 500 edits are mostly user-talk pages, mostly owned by them, and own user pages: only about 25% for articles
  • He has been editor since December 29, 2011.

So he meets the requirements of "over 500 edits" and "has not been blocked in the last 3 months", but he shows a lack of knowledge and understanding of Wikipedia. The consensus on his discussion page is that it would not be a good idea for him to adopt any user, and ultimately he reluctantly deletes the template's template template from his chat user page.

There seems to be no recent discussion of the criteria for adoptership.

Can I suggest that criteria be changed to:

  • "An ad user must have at least 500 edits in the article space "
  • "Users should have been editor for at least 3 months and have no block/vandalism caused in the last 3 months."

(The add-on I recommend is bold)

Both changes will explain that the level of experience needed to become a user can not be obtained within a few weeks by editing the talk page. This will save a lot of anxiety of the user's talk page and waste time from experienced and relevant editors. Pam D (mention of user page added: Pam D 10:26, 15 February 2012 (UTC) b> P D 10:51, 15 February 2012 ( UTC) )

I would not mind this, of course in the short term. This project still needs a bit of work at the moment, so it can change in the future. Worm TT Â · (talk) 10:11, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
I am good at the condition that editing is in the article space, but my concern (especially because of the example you mentioned), is that there is no mention of quality editing. The adoption should be someone who shows an understanding of the practices, policies, rules, and guidelines, right? I do not know how it would be part of the requirement unless there is a "Request for Adoption" process that has been reviewed by experienced editors (unlike permissions requests). Wikipelli Talk 10:48, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
I think I expect feedback from other editors about 500 editing articles, and a 3-month editing period, in many cases will provide a sincere experience and learning for the editor to be a useful adopter, or lead them to handle exactly if they do not want to learn. Not waterproof, of course, but step in the right direction. Pam D 10:56, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
Actually think about it, 3 months is not enough for me. I expect actual active edits for at least 3 months, but probably more than 6 months. If we say "not blocked in the last 3 months" it means you've edited at least that, if not more. Worm TT Â · (talk) 11:56, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
Of course, 6 months will be good. I guess I propose a bit (with non-controversial luck) tighten. Although 3 months implied in existing criteria, it is not explicit and nobody use this point to block the newby editor involved. Pam D 12:38, 15 February 2012 (UTC)

Look, if it's just to stop me from being a user then no need . I have dismissed myself (reluctantly) to become an adopter and currently I do not want anything to do with the adoption process. I did not cause any problems and all disputes were not started by me. I totally agree with the whole idea of ​​tightening the criteria so that no other poor user has to go through all the troublesome experiences that I do.-- Androzaniamy (talk) 13:29, February 16, 2012 (UTC)

No problem Androzaniamy (Amy, right?), it's okay. No need to react to this. By the way, I'm Nolelover, and I guess we've never met. First, I just want to say that there is no perfect wikipedian at first. We all made a pretty stupid mistake when we were new - looking back, I can not trust some of the things I said in WP: Articles to delete. However, just think of this as a learning experience. Later, I think you will be able to appreciate all the help given to you. Most of us just stumbled for the first few months, and you have a bucket-load admin willing to help you... I'm really jealous. :) Simply ignore this discussion, and keep driving the truck. It should not be too hard for you if you really want to contribute here. Cheers, Nolelover Talk Ã, Â · Contribs 14:14, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
I would not be jealous if I were you, actually scary how every thing I do is read by many people who seem to enjoy telling me that I'm inexperienced, challenging, strange, defensive and antagonistic : '(Androzaniamy (talk) 20:41, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
No, Androzaniamy, this is not intended to stop you from adopting - I've noted above that you have removed userbox from your user page. It aims to let Wikipedia learn, and fortunately, from wasting your energy and other editors over the last few days, clarifying that both periods of experience are long enough (3 or 6 months, perhaps) and a large amount of editing experience is required before anyone offers to become a user. If pre-existing, you will read it, record it, and continue other activities, rather than offering to be an adopter at this stage. My proposal here is to prevent this kind of discussion from happening to some enthusiastic but inexperienced future prospects. Pam D 14:40, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
Is you experienced enough? Androzaniamy (talk) 21:58, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
I'm not sure it's a serious question, but at 5 years and 52k edits, yes, I'll do it. But I do not want to volunteer to adopt anyone. Pam D 17:14, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
That's a serious question. I will wait a few years and more edits until I will consider adopting again. Androzaniamy (talk) 16:35, 27 February 2012 (UTC)

OK, I have advanced and amended the adoption criteria as proposed above, because no one objected and two editors supported (or wanted to go further). Pam D 17:14, February 23, 2012 (UTC)

Criteria for scholarship recipient

I think I've mentioned this before, but is this project really going to focus on only receiving editors who actually plan long term activities? If this is emphasized - that adoption is a months-long process for people who really want to learn - then I think this project may lose some shiny luster for beginners who go to about three or four editors who make the section with headers "adops possible to moptops leadmopoption! "It may be difficult to just say no, but I think there is a better place for discussion of one article or two days that many people go to look for. Mind? Nolelover Talk Ã, Â · Contribs 20:38, February 15, 2012 (UTC)


Apply for adoption?

I have now added the template to my user page, trying to apply for adoption according to this short discussion. Feel like a newcomer tonight. Very disappointed. SergeWoodzing (talk) 23:35, March 10, 2012 (UTC)

I have to agree with Serge, here. Category: Wikipedians who want to be adopted in Adopt-a-user show 21 users. This project is not working, or you are not doing it right. Viridity (talk) 22:12, 30 April 2012 (UTC)



Questions about my eligibility as an adopter

Despite having a clean block log, I did admit making some AfD April Fools nominations. I know that some editors regard this as vandalism, and I wonder if it is still good for me to be an adopter. If not, I can come back in July. thanks. Chris the Paleontologist (talk o contribs) 15:31, 5 May 2012 (UTC)

I do not approve the April candidacy of the main room article, and I strongly disagree with them if the article in question is BLP. However, if your nomination is heavy enough to be considered vandalism then I will hear about them, and I have not, so I would say you will be fine to go ahead and adopt-a-users, especially as you ' think about it carefully and also make you aware of the public's view of the excessive April Foolery. --Demiurge1000 (talk) 15:50, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
Sounds good to me. Why do not you see yourself as a protege? Worm TT Ã, Ã, Â · (talk) 17:22, May 5, 2012 (UTC)



Inactive

On a page where a list of all editors is currently willing to be adopted, I think we should do a big bogey and move on to inactive everyone who has not done editing in the last six months, because I found some of it. Anyone want to help? Rcsprinter (talk to me?) 11:58, May 12, 2012 (UTC )


Suggest removal

Should this be called a sock parade? why so full of socks, If someone wants to help the beginners, this is not the place for it. Magician ? 15:00, 22 Jul 2012 (UTC)

If you have allegations to make, SPI is the place. Not here. Adopt-a-user is a very good program, I personally help many users in it. Comments like that here are not helpful and problematic. Worm TT ( talk ) 19:03, July 22, 2012 (UTC)



Two questions, one about feasibility

I have two questions.

  1. I was adopted by the user when I was new, and such lessons dropped. I never officially graduated, but he has not commented since January 2008. Am I eligible to adopt? I meet all other requirements.
  2. If I qualify, is it possible that I can borrow code for the Adopt-A-User homepage to create some sort of "lobby" for the person I adopted.

Thank you in advance! Brambleberry of RiverClan meong 23:07, 28 August 2012 (UTC)

Really both - I do not see the problem. :) Swarm X 03:39, August 29, 2012 (UTC)
As Swarm said, yes and yes. If you wish, I would love to re-examine your adoption and issue you with a graduation certificate. Also, if there is any help, do not hesitate to see my adoption headquarters. Worm TT ( talk ) 07:46, August 29, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for both of you! No certificates required, I'm glad to know I'm eligible. And, WormTT, I think that the Adopt-A-User homepage suits my coding needs better, because I plan on "lobbying" I have three parts, and I really like the Adopt-A-User homepage. Brambleberry of RiverClan meong 21:40, 29 August 2012 (UTC)



Reboot

I intend to sort out Adopt-a-users throughout the year, and with thanks to Yunshui, a beginning has now been made. I will go through and update all the current pages, Yunshui has contacted all the users who are currently listed as active to see if they still consider themselves that way. I have also run through editors looking for adoption, getting rid of anyone who has been inactive for more than 2 months, or who has been adopted.

I will move the adoption course to WP: ADOPT immediately, as an optional resource for users. If anyone has any other ideas to improve the project improvement, please post it below, I would love to chat about anything. Worm TT ( talk ) 11:29, September 19, 2012 (UTC)

What do people think of the Experience page (Adopter, Adoptee's)? They have not been added for years, and in my eyes, it does not seem to provide any functionality that will not be discussed properly by this talk page. For the sake of slimming the project, I tend to archive content and delete it; Any objections? YunshuiÃ, ??? 12:56, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
Sounds plausible to me. Worm TT ( talk ) 13:05, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
I always feel that there are too many pages here that are subject to change but can not be changed. I think it would be useful to direct all the talk pages to this talk page. Ryan Vesey 13:09, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
I'm sure they've done it - but feel free to correct anything that's not. Worm TT ( talk ) 13:13, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
You're right sir; though, this means somewhere out there on Wikipedia there is a project with some talk pages that I think for a while need to be fixed. Ryan Vesey 14:56, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
  • Taking tea leaves from a drinkhouse book, I've created a Launcher Profile - to create a more aesthetic list of adopters. Would appreciate any thoughts about it. Worm TT ( talk ) 13:26, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
Like Very good. Also, funny jokes. I really support this use rather than the rather uncomfortable large table we have today. YunshuiÃ, ??? 13:46, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
  • Color scheme. I was very surprised to find out how much benefit TEAHOUSE received from having a fun color scheme and graphics. I'm planning on changing the color of adoption, though keeping the general layout because I think it's positive. Are there any objections/suggestions? Worm TT ( talk ) 08:11, September 20, 2012 (UTC)
Soothing pastel colors, maybe? Maybe there's nothing like blowing eyeballs like cyan bulldozers right now. There is an interesting article about color theory here, which might provide some inspiration... YunshuiÃ, ??? 09:23, September 20, 2012 (UTC)
Been going for olives and gold... still doing it though :) Worm TT ( talk ) 11:39, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
I like - maybe something brighter, like goldenrod, for the text? I've changed some templates to this color scheme for you as well. YunshuiÃ, ??? 12:44, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
Can do, why not try it? I currently refill the current user list. Worm TT ( talk ) 12:50, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
Stand a bit more, not sure about that, though... YunshuiÃ, ??? 13:01, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
I have switched back to lighter gold, thus providing enough contrast with olive oil to read and quite contrasting with the text on the list of adopted pages. I tried to change my profile template to use goldenrod, but it looks terrible. Worm TT ( talk ) 13:48, September 21, 2012 (UTC)

I love the changes in Wikipedia: Adopt-a-user/Adoptee's Area/Adopters, especially the useful "Request an adopter" button at the bottom! YunshuiÃ, ??? 13:15, September 21, 2012 (UTC)

It's always there, very hard to find before! Worm TT ( talk ) 13:30, September 21, 2012 (UTC)



New Adoption

Is there a tool somewhere that the recipient can use to leave a request on the access page without actually visiting the talk page? I asked because I received a help request on my conversation page that seemed a bit strange. The person who left the message did not respond to my suggestion, making me unsure whether he even read it.

It also seems odd that users, who claim to not understand how to navigate the editing function here leave messages using a "trophy box". I was wondering if the message was stored on my talk page from elsewhere. I do not send e-mails to other users directly, so it would be a shame if the "adoption" is still hanging around in a dark room because he does not know where I respond to him. thanks. --Airborne84 (talk) 17:50, October 5, 2012 (UTC)


Anyone know a good PR company?

So: thanks to Worm efforts, we now have a brighter, updated, revamped and rebooted Adopt-a-user project, and lots of applause will be released. However, to really make it a success, I think the Adopt-a-user program should have a much higher profile in Wikipedia; especially among new editors. For that, I suggest contacting the greeter and drinking-house committee with the aim of promoting adoption as a way for new users to learn things. Many adopters are also active in these projects, so that should not be a problem.

Some ideas:

  • Add adoption to the standard template {{Welcome}} .
  • Ask the Tea Store to post prominent links to Adopt-a-users.
  • Set up an adopter invite (if we do not already have one) to send inexperienced users who are not users but may be resourceful.
  • Link somehow to the Moodbar feedback project, maybe give a template message to use there?

More ideas (and criticism from them above) welcome. In my view, the project has gained a bit of momentum as a result of recent changes; let's see if we can run it and make more. YunshuiÃ, ??? 07:58, September 24, 2012 (UTC)

Well, in the short term, I think we should mention the reshuffle in the Teahouse's lounge room, see if we can get buy-in (ugh, did I just say buy-in?) from them. I wonder if we asked them to suggest our program to editors asking lots of questions in tea shops - say after 3 questions? I often see half a dozen drinking houses in the yard, I think the editors would be excellent candidates for adoption. Worm TT ( talk ) 08:13, September 24, 2012 (UTC)
I will line up Sarah and let her know about the changes here. YunshuiÃ, ??? 08:41, 24 September 2012 (UTC)

Two new template messages created to attract new users: User: Yunshui/Overhaul/Adopter and User invitation: Yunshui/Overhaul/Adoptee invite. Feedback is appreciated... YunshuiÃ, ??? 13:31, 27 September 2012 (UTC)

I like them. Open Phightins ! 22:09, 27 November 2012 (UTC)



Request

Hi, friends. Can I become an adopter? Thank you - CURTAINTOAD! TALK! 10:45, January 2, 2013 (UTC)

Of course you can, why not add yourself to the list of available adopters and maybe ask someone from the category if they want to be adopted. Worm TT ( talk ) 10:53, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
Thank you! Ã, :) CURTAINTOAD! TALK! 10:55, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
For a Changed Worm: But the Gwickwire user returned my edit. CURTAINTOAD! TALK! 23:12, January 2, 2013 (UTC)
Ah, sorry, I did not realize you were still under adoption. Maybe chatting with your adopters, see if you're ready to pass. I generally believe that you can learn a lot from adopting others, but my opinion is not all and end all. Worm TT ( talk ) 08:43, January 3, 2013 (UTC)
I am now an adopter :) CURTAINTOAD! TALK! 10:15, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
Now what should I do? What lessons can I prepare? Thank you CURTAINTOAD! TALK! 10:40, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
Adoption is personal, you do it as you please. Take a look at the categories I mentioned and see if anyone thinks you're right for you, and talk to them. If you want to create a textbook, I would recommend my adoption course User: A Changed Worm/Adoption that has helped many users over the years and some people have adapted. Worm TT ( talk ) 11:20, January 9, 2013 (UTC)



Someone is adopting User: Yield3

Hai friends,

Need help on WP: AFC. Someone please user adoption: Yield3. 80 years old who need help with Wikipedia talks: Articles for Compliant Bonding/ties and other technical issues. View the message left on my conversation page: User talk: Ahnoneemoos # Suitable bond

--Ahnoneemoos (talk) 18:24, January 13, 2013 (UTC)

I've moved articles into article space, and I help whip them into shapes. There is a construction label now, so it should be okay. I'll hang around to work on the article and help the creator until the work is fully synced. The Transhumanist 23:22, January 20, 2013 (UTC)



Clean

User: C Coligniero, User: Cavepiggy, User talk: Jgfisher, User: Joeytheii, User: Lopezjaylo98, User: Mcgpopup, User talk: Razorfish721, User: Vhinczefied, User: Vidhyapati, and User: XphnX haven ' t have single edits this year. We may have to clear their request for adoption so that users can get a clearer idea of ​​who is actively trying to adopt. ÃÆ'¶ Brambleberry < color font = "# 9C9C9C"> from RiverClan 00:34, 31 January 2013 (UTC)


WMF grant proposal

I have submitted a proposal for one of the new WMF Individual Involvement Grants. This is a pilot project to determine whether training new editors on their writing for English Wikipedia increases editor retention, focusing on women and Southern Global. If you want to support this project, you can do it here. I would also appreciate any other feedback, pro or cons, which can be posted here. Thank you! Libcub (talk) 03:00, 7 February 2013 (UTC)


IEngagement grant proposal for editor engagement

Likewise, I have submitted Meta: Grants: IEG/Studying_content_interest_and_editor_engagement_factors_with_new_editors for [Meta: Grants: IEG | Individual Engagement Grants]]. I aim to understand how engagement is generated in the new editor and see if it is possible to achieve retention with suggestions and courses. On the one hand, I will adopt the user but at the same time learn it by methods like interviews and metrics. I have done other research with data processing on Wikipedia and surveys to understand the community. If you want to support this project, you can do it here. I would really appreciate any kind of feedback! Thank you very much. --Marcmiquel (talk) 14:14, February 13, 2013 (UTC)


The mysterious case of disappearing adoption

I have taken some users through this project now. However, I found that my scholarship recipient had a fairly high drop-out rate - many who disappeared after only doing some editing, never reappeared. I removed it from adoption after three months (leaving them a polite note explaining why), which is hardly a big deal, but I have two questions for fellow users:
First, does the other person have the same experience as the person who was invited to pack and disappear? I suspect many do, because we have a very high level of editor editors in general, but it would be nice to know that I'm not alone (and if I, the advice for what I'm doing wrong would be

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments